At Abundant Health Chiropractic & Acupuncture, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Longmont office.
- Bio Cranial System - Dr. Steven Evans is one of only four Chiropractors in Colorado certified in the Bio Cranial System. BCS is a whole-body system of healthcare that helps the body to correct and heal itself by applying a specific technique directly to the bones of the head (cranium). There is no popping, snapping or twisting involved.
- Pain Neutralization Technique (PNT) and Manual Spinal Nerve Block (MSNB) - Dr. Evans is now able to offer these two new treatment methods. They are a great addition to the therapy methods that he has used so successfully with his patients for years. Both of these methods work by "turning off" the nerve impulses that lead to muscle tension and pain -- chronic pain and new pain -- throughout the body. These treatment methods result in decreased pain, decreased muscle tension and increased mobility. Pain relief from these techniques has been validated by MDs and pain management specialists. PNT and MSNB have proven effective for the treatment of: frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, sciatica, abdominal pain, abdominal dysfunction, extremity pain, chronic and new pain in ANY part of the body.
- Chiropractic Care - We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Steven Evans has 41 years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
- Spinal Decompression - Spinal decompression has a high success rate with helping bulging, herniated, and degenerated discs, sciatica, and neck pain. It is often the treatment of choice before consideration of surgical intervention because of it's non-surgical and non-invasive relief of pain and disability. Spinal decompression provides gentle traction to specific areas in and around the spine and thereby alleviating pressure on the nerves and reducing pain and inflammation. Call today to find out if you are a candidate for spinal decompression.
- Acupuncture - Acupuncture and Chiropractic have a lot in common. They both look on disease as being the result of an underlying "condition" within the body, such as hyperactivity, imbalance, toxicity, etc. Correct the conditions within the body and the symptoms of a condition will also be gone. If the body is out of balance due to any number of stressors, and is exhibiting symptoms, then it is wise to re-balance the body and eliminate the cause of the symptoms. This philosophy of diagnosis and treatment runs in opposition to popular medicine or "allopathy", as portrayed by drug ads and programs on television, where the focus is on controlling the symptoms of sickness, like fever. Acupuncture and Chiropractic represent a different view about what the human body is and how it functions.
- Laser - We also utilize cold laser as an effective therapy for recurring pain, swelling, and improving the range of motion in extremities ( hands, feet, elbows, shoulders etc ) and the spine.
- Corrective Exercises - We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises designed just for them to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction by as much as 30-40%. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health.
- Lifestyle Advice - We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each patient is a whole person, and to help them reach true health and wellness is a collaborative effort between Abundant Health and the patient.
Nutritional Counseling - We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you? Dr. Evans can provide a structured nutritional program based on your individual needs.
Physiotherapy - To complement and enhance the healing effects of Dr. Evans' specific Chiropractic adjustment treatment, we at Abundant Health also provide
the following physiological therapeutic procedures:
- Interferential electrical muscle stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Intersegmental traction
- Auto Injury
- Personal Injury
- Sports Injury
- Electrical Stimulation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Interferential Current Therapy
- Microcurrent Therapy